Editor’s Note – It is reprehensible any time demonstrators or political opponents resort to less than civil disobedience when protesting. The alleged associations that may tie the threat on Darrell Issa’s home district office to a member of the ‘Occupy’ Movement is another example of being over-zealous, and woefully ignorant. The saving grace here is that since the Gabrielle Giffords shooting last January, whoever did this faces zealous police inquiry, serious charges and if convicted, hard time. Being zealous, ignorant, and not thinking clearly is a great recipe to learn some new and valuable lessons, behind bars in a cell with ‘new friends.’ Friends a young zealot will certainly not appreciate.

Rep. Issa’s office reports bomb threat

Congressman Darrel Issa - (R) Cal-49


By Jonathan Allen

Rep. Darrell Issa’s district office reported a bomb threat to San Diego-area police Thursday after a caller told an aide that an explosive device had been left outside, Issa said in a statement.

“I understand the San Diego County Sheriff’s Office has determined that the item left behind does not pose an actual threat,” the California Republican said. “All staff members who were working in the office today are safe and I understand no other individuals have been harmed in this incident.”

Issa noted in his statement that the call came after critics and supporters rallied in opposing demonstrations outside his office in Vista, Calif.

“The phone call followed a protest at my district office of individuals associated with MoveOn.org and Occupy North County as well as individuals participating in a counter protest,” he said.

Law enforcement officials across the country have been aggressive in following up on threats to lawmakers in the wake of the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) in a January rampage in Tucson.

As chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which spends much of its time investigating the Obama administration, Issa has been a favorite rhetorical punching bag for Democrats this year. He was in Washington, D.C., when his office received the call, which came in a little bit after 1 p.m. on the West Coast.