Declaration of Betrayal of West Point
And the Long Gray Line
“Concerned Graduates of West Point”
June 24, 2022
The Long Gray Line is the assembly of graduates of the United States Military Academy. It serves as a fount of American battle-tested experience, the institutional memory of the Military Academy, and the watchdog of the United States Corps of Cadets. As such, it is the sacred duty of the Long Gray Line to challenge improper conduct or rogue behavior, such as that which has come to dominate West Point.
With these opening words, we addressed our Letter of May 24, 2022 to the Superintendent of the Military Academy seeking information regarding irregularities, mismanagement, dereliction of duty, and the appearance of unlawful behavior on the part of the Staff and Faculty of the Academy. Our letter asked for the following information:
- An explanation for the irregularities in the enforcement of the Honor Code.
- A justification for the mandatory vaccinations of cadets with the COVID Virus despite widespread adverse reactions to the inoculation, as well as provisions for exceptions for cadets with religious objections.
- An explanation for teaching Critical Race Theory at the Academy that constitutes an attack upon the Constitution and our constitutional Republic. This is behavior that constitutes unconstitutional conduct, if not sedition.
- An explanation of reported mismanagement of the cadet dining facility resulting in unsanitary conditions, inadequate food prepared for the meal, and food served that was reportedly unfit for consumption.
- Political activism on the part of civilian faculty members constituting political activity violating the long-standing policy of the Academy and Army Regulations.
- The practice of exclusive reliance upon radical progressive guest speakers to address the Corps of Cadets. This practice results in prejudiced political activism on the part of the Staff and Faculty in violation of Army Regulations.
- An explanation for the failure of the Superintendent to respond to correspondence enquiring about problems identified at the Academy.
We, the members of the Long Gray Line, having observed a rejection of adherence to the ancient principles of the Military Academy that threaten the mission of the Academy submit this letter in fulfillment our obligation as members of the Long Gray Line to alert the proper authorities advising them of the problems we have identified.
This letter has been dispatched to the Superintendent of the Academy as well as the President and Directors of the Association of Graduates (AOG) with the admonition that the Academy is conducting business in a manner that ignores time-honored principles of the Academy, Constitutional Law, and our sworn oath of office.
LTG Thomas McInerney, USAF (Ret) Class of 1959
MG Paul E. Vallely US Army, US Army (Ret) Class of 1961
Colonel Andrew P. O’Meara, Jr., US Army (Ret) Class of 1959
“Concerned Graduates of West Point and The Long Gray Line”
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org