Editor’s Note: From our friend Roger Aronoff and Accuracy In Media and the members of the Citizens Commission on Benghazi.
A phone call away…Then 13 hrs.
“CCB PRESS CONFERENCE ON BENGHAZI PROVES DERELICTION OF DUTY”
The following includes THE KEY FINDINGS of the Citizens’ Commission on Benghazi (CCB), an independent investigative body formed to find out the truth about the 11-12 September 2012 attacks on the Special Mission Compound (SMC) and the CIA Annex in Benghazi, Libya.
The CCB has no ties to any U.S. Government agency, nor any ties to any U.S. Government Committee that have investigated the 11-12 September 2012 attacks on the SMC or the CIA Annex in Benghazi, Libya. This includes having no ties to the House of Representatives Select Committee on Benghazi.
FROM THE REPORT:
“Betrayal in Benghazi: A Dereliction of Duty”
- The Obama administration actively supported the replacement of quasi-secular North African rulers in Tunisia, Libya and Egypt with Muslim Brotherhood rule.
- In Libya, the Obama administration turned against Muammar Qaddafi, who had become an ally in the fight against the Global Jihad Movement, and instead worked with the Libyan Muslim Brotherhood and materially aided known al-Qa’eda-linked militias to topple his regime.
- The Obama administration throughout 2012 deliberately withheld urgently-requested security for the U.S. mission in Benghazi, at least in part to buttress the false narrative that al-Qa’eda had been defeated for the benefit of the president’s re-election campaign in 2012—despite the fact that Benghazi was one of the most vulnerable U.S. posts anywhere in the world in the volatile post-Qaddafi environment.
- For reasons not entirely clear, multiple advance warnings about an impending attack against the U.S. mission in Benghazi were ignored by the Obama administration as a whole, the Department of Defense specifically, and also especially Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who bore ultimate responsibility for diplomatic mission security.
- Despite an egregious failure by the Pentagon to pre-position forces in advance, various U.S. assets were available to deploy immediately when the Benghazi attack began the night of 11 September 2012, but were held back from even attempting a rescue effort.
- The President, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former Secretary of Defense Panetta, and Gen. Martin E. Dempsey, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, must be required to answer for their dereliction of duty (‘willfully refusing to perform ones duties,’ a criminal offense under the United States Code) in failing to provide appropriate protection in advance and to commit forces immediately to a rescue attempt the night of 11-12 September 2012.
- The Obama White House and Clinton State Department led a concerted two-week coverup regarding the facts of the Benghazi attack for crass political purposes and to collaborate with the international campaign led by the Organization of Islamic Cooperation that seeks criminalization of all criticism of Islam.
CCB Press Conference on Benghazi Proves Dereliction of Duty [Video]
by Roger Aronoff on July 12, 2016
The Citizens’ Commission on Benghazi (CCB) recently held a press conference and issued a report uncovering new details about the events leading up to and during the September 11, 2012 attacks in Libya that took the lives of four Americans. However, the press has done what it usually does when a story threatens the narrative or reputation of the administration of President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton—they have, for the most part, ignored or misrepresented the CCB’s findings.
The speakers at our June 29 event at the National Press Club in Washington exposed, once again, how the U.S. facilitated the provision of arms to al-Qaeda-linked rebels, and demonstrated that there were many warnings leading up to the attack on the Special Mission Compound, warnings that the administration ignored. In addition, the administration was derelict in its duty to send forces to aid those under attack in Benghazi.
I said that “There’s a media theme, or meme, out there that keeps saying—and you see this [at the] New York Times, CNN, everywhere, saying, ‘No new evidence of any wrongdoing by Hillary Clinton.’ That seems to be the conclusion of most of the media in response to yesterday’s [House Select Committee report]. And we see a field of smoking guns.”
“No matter what comes out…the role of many in the mainstream media is to protect the legacy of President Obama and protect the presidential candidacy and viability of Hillary Clinton,” I argued.
I was joined by a number of other members of the CCB, including former CIA officer Clare Lopez, General Thomas McInerney, Lt. Colonel Denny Haney, Admiral James “Ace” Lyons (all retired), our attorney John Clarke, as well as guests Rear Admiral Chuck Kubic (ret.) and Charles Woods, father of Ty Woods, the former Navy SEAL who was killed in the attack on the CIA Annex.
Here are some of our findings, in the words of each of the CCB members and the guests. In my earlier column on the press conference, we included a video of the entire event, including Q&A and crosstalk among the panelists. Here we present a video of each individual speaker. If you want to see the Q&A as well, please go to the previous column:
“So, when we undertook to begin this second report, we think that we bring to this topic a willingness to name names, a willingness to assign responsibility and to demand accountability that too many of the others, committees and others, have not done—have neglected to do.”
“Now, from Christopher Stevens to the folks at the CIA Annex, they were in fact then relying on exactly the jihadist enemy that was eventually to turn on them and to kill four Americans and injure others so gravely.”
“Absolutely, they [Hillary and Obama] lied. There’s no question. We know, again, from Judicial Watch documents obtained through the FOIA process that the administration, including the President and Secretary of State Clinton, were actively involved that very night while the attack was still going on in concocting a false narrative to deflect the story from the truth and to defend at all costs, even the cost of American lives, the re-election campaign of the President. They were not even decided on which video they were going to blame. They only knew that they were going to blame a video.”
General Thomas McInerney (ret.):
“We should have prepositioned F-16s from Aviano down to Sigonella to be on 15-minute alert.”
“It was 9/11. Isn’t 9/11 a significant date for us? And yet we had none of this preparation. We had all of the Combatant Commanders back in Washington, DC, on a commanders’ conference.”
“So, there was no pre-planning. I call that dereliction of duty.”
Lt. Colonel Dennis Haney (ret.):
“I talked to Sean Smith’s uncle this morning, and he said he’s read our report. He got halfway through [Trey] Gowdy’s report, he got all the way through our report. He says read this [CCB] report if you want to know the truth.”
“Qaddafi was out there killing bad guys. He was killing al Qaeda, and al Qaeda we supported—they went to Syria, they became ISIS. We developed ISIS. That’s a fact.”
Admiral James “Ace” Lyons (ret.):
“And when I watched the [Select Committee on Benghazi’s] press conference yesterday, to say I was disappointed would be an understatement, because Chairman Gowdy is not a stenographer and he’s not a tape recorder. He was there to make findings and conclusions. He had the information; he copped out.”
“There’s no reason why F-16 aircraft weren’t moved from Aviano to Sigonella, or to Souda Bay, Crete—either place. We had a 130-man Marine force recon team at Sigonella. We had the Marine FAST teams at Rota. We had the Commanders’ in Extremis Force in Croatia. We had assets.”
“We know Jeremy Bash, the chief of staff at the Department of Defense, at 1910 that evening sent an email, or called the State Department, and said ‘we’re spinning up as we [speak].’ Where do we get the cross border authority?”
“Now we just heard, I just found out, because I haven’t read Mr. Gowdy’s report, that the order [to deploy] was given at 7:00 pm. Well, the attack began at 3:42 pm. local time. That’s three hours later.”
Rear Admiral Chuck Kubic (ret.):
“And I found out eventually that it was Secretary Clinton working directly with the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who had shut down not that truce talk [with Qaddafi] but had struck down a parallel one I didn’t even know was happening through a different business channel.”
“So it struck me that the same behavior that shut down the 72-hour truce at the onset of the war, leading to death, destruction a failed state, was the same kind of behavior that existed in that 7:30 [Deputies] meeting.”
“Many, many times Ty as a Navy SEAL in his 20 years of service was in worse situations than this. But he always knew that if there was a compromise of the mission, that he was going to be extracted. That did not happen in this case. That’s part of the DNA of being in the military. That’s part of the code of ethics, is you are always rescued.”
“We have a lot of experts in the military that say they could have been rescued. No attempt was made.”
You can read the CCB’s new report here. It is well documented, it puts Benghazi in context, it explains why we were in Libya, what we did and didn’t do, and it names the people most responsible for the failures of Benghazi.
Roger Aronoff is the Editor of Accuracy in Media, and a member of the Citizens’ Commission on Benghazi
Editor’s Note: 1 word: REMEMBER.
She admits she has a SCIF. (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility) And it is part of her furniture collection.
For those unaware…it’s still our country.
America First Million Member Sign-Up
Please join us in our commitment to promote American exceptionalism, freedom, our Constitution, our American way of life, and our safety and security by making a donation and subscribing to our periodic newsletters and messages by donating below.