Editors Note: A phone call away. Then 13 hours.
From our friend Roger Aronoff of Accuracy in Media and from The Citizens Committee on Benghazi:
The House Select Committee on Benghazi has issued a major, 800-plus page report detailing the events behind the attacks in Benghazi, Libya. No words can fully describe the tragedy that took the lives of four brave Americans. However, the Citizens’ Commission on Benghazi (CCB) and Accuracy in Media (AIM) are set to further expose the truth behind the September 11, 2012 attacks in a much shorter report that, absent the resources available to the Committee, may offer a clearer perspective on the events leading up to and during these terror attacks.
Select Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-SC) said at the committee’s press conference on June 28 that he is in the business of describing who, what, where, and when—and not why! In reality, the Benghazi attacks serve as a Rosetta stone into Barack Obama’s administration—its motives, its ideology, its transparency, its judgment and its ethics. Their actions must be put in context, and their cover-ups must be exposed.
The CCB report is now available online. It will be explained and discussed at a press conference at 2 p.m. ET on June 29 at the National Press Club, where several members of the CCB will be discussing what led up to our presence in Libya, and our government’s dereliction of duty in failing to send forces to aid Americans during the attacks. The report tells the real story of the Obama administration cover-up, which was designed to stifle free speech and distract from terrorism abroad during an election season by focusing on the influence of an Internet video, “The Innocence of Muslims.” This terror attack had its roots in President Obama’s own foreign policy.
President Obama and Hillary Clinton decided in 2011 to side with al-Qaeda-linked rebels in Libya and oust Muammar Qaddafi, who had previously given up his Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) and become an ally in the global war on terror. Despite his past cooperation, the Obama administration refused to engage in truce talks with Qaddafi. Admiral Chuck Kubic, who personally delivered the message of Qaddafi’s request for negotiations and a possible abdication, will be in attendance in support of the CCB. Mrs. Clinton ordered the Pentagon not to contact Qaddafi’s son, Saif, or other Libyan officials, after the United Nations passed Resolution 1973 creating a “No Fly Zone.”
The aid to the al-Qaeda-linked rebels ultimately created a failed state saturated with weapons, jihadis, and rival militias—the deadly and chaotic atmosphere that eventually contributed to the death of Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other brave Americans. But Stevens himself, as U.S. envoy to the rebels, had coordinated with jihadis such as former Libyan Islamic Fighting Group leader Abdelhakim Belhadj.
The CCB report details how the Clinton State Department ignored over 600 requests for additional security for those serving in Libya. The Obama administration also overlooked multiple warnings of an impending attack, and then staged a cover-up after four Americans died.
In addition to the report, the CCB has a number of questions for the Select Committee on Benghazi, as well as for the Obama administration, including:
- When, how, and why did the Obama administration and the Department of State decide to back the overthrow of the Muammar Qaddafi regime?
- Which Congressional members were aware of the administration’s support for gun-running operations to Libyan al-Qa-eda-linked militias and later to Syrian jihadis?
- Who specifically within the Obama administration was aware of any of the multiple warnings that indicated an Islamic terror attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi was likely or in potential planning stages before September 11, 2012?
- Why was a Combatant Commanders conference called in Washington D.C. over the anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attacks?
- Obama administration officials have claimed that forces could not make it to Benghazi in time. Secretary Clinton never even asked for Libyan cross-border approval that night. How did the administration know when the attacks would end, or when it would be too late to send in military assets?
A phone call away. Then 13 hours.
Good vs. Evil and The Artful Liars.
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing” – Edmund Burke
For those unaware…it’s still our country.
America First Million Member Sign-Up
Please join us in our commitment to promote American exceptionalism, freedom, our Constitution, our American way of life, and our safety and security by making a donation and subscribing to our periodic newsletters and messages by donating below.